Every year I start this and have yet to actually finish it. In 2010-2012 I didn’t even start.
The Year 2009
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
“Goals for 2009: Lose eight pounds. Take a photo every day, preferably with my Nikon D2X. Get through “The Daily Message” by Eugene H. Peterson.” I managed none of these, so they’ll stand for 2010.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandmother, Lucille Ische.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Real estate taxes.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or Sadder? Slightly happier.
b) Thinner or Fatter? .3 pounds fatter.
c) Richer or Poorer? $80,313.28 richer, according to Quicken.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2009?
iTunes Genius Mixes.
26. What did you want and get?
A Steinway grand piano.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.