Whey Protein Chocolate Fudge Brownies (makes 12)
Summary: These brownies make great after workout snacks for folks trying to put on mass. They are easy to pack for people on the go, so throw some in your gym bag or hiking pack.
- 4 eggs
- 5 scoops whey protein powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 stick butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whip softened butter with maple syrup.
- Mix in almond butter.
- Add eggs and mix wet ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, blend almond flour, cocoa powder, and whey powder.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients while stirring.
- When ingredients are combined, pour into a greased 9×12 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Bake for 20 – 30 min, or until a fork comes out clean from the center of the dish.
- Brownies should be dense and fudge-like. Don’t overcook or the brownies will get dry and hard.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
From Kate Brown of DailyBurn as found here: http://life.dailyburn.com/diet-and-nutrition/recipe-whey-protein-chocolate-fudge-brownies/#comments